Sunday, October 12, 2008

Everywhere I look outside I see bright golden yellow. The wind has begun to blow and feels like ice against my skin.

Once again I am drawn within, and feel like sitting down by the warm wood burning stove with some knitting needles and yarn.

There is something so incredible about the feeling of choosing to allow yourself to turn within and rest and almost go dormant like a winter tree in this time of year. It feels so natural to take a hot shower and snuggle up under a big quilt.

To allow the natural cycles of your body and emotions during this time, rather than to keep pushing to have the same productivity you would on a fresh spring day.

There is a real difference in what the soul wants if I am conscious of my connection to the cycles of the seasons.

There is a real beauty in this time of year as we prepare, in a way, for a great sleep.

I am grateful for autumn.

No comments: