Friday, July 25, 2008

Temporarily Out of the Sycronistic Flow...I Guess...

Ok... so I guess it might be one of those days. I was so excited to do my henna gig today, (I have 3 dates with the Manitou Street Performers) and I went even though it was torentially raining and the girl at Adam's where I pick up my sign and tip bucket said it must be rained out and that she didn't have an answer. So I went to the Manitou Chamber to see if they knew and they said they assumed it was rained out too. So, very dissappointedly (I love doing henna for the masses) I left. It was still raining, and no one else was out.

Later I find out that my dear friend Lily (from Kansas City) is in town with her family and saw I would be street performing in the paper, and was out walking around Manitou looking for me, and was going to suprise me! I was so bummed. Lily is one of my favorite people in the world! Ahhh!

And, randomly, I had the weirdest physical experience today. Pres and I went to check out these sweet things you should check out too called "Little Guy" that are tiny little teardrop campers that my car could pull when we journey west to see the grand canyon and the redwoods in CA. So I laid down on the mattress in one of them and within seconds, whatever nasty ass shit they dipped that thing in to make it fire proof or something like that, filled my lungs and my eyes like closed and teared up and my lungs hurt and then a few minutes later my kidneys hurt like they were processing that shit. Sheesh! It kind of turned me off to those cute little sweet awesome campers unless we can get some kind of organic matress to put in it. All the chemicals are just so fear based and unneccessary. I should have known, I just drew a goddess card like 2 days ago about sensitivity, and it said to avoid harsh chemicals, etc. Except its not always expected that the bed you lay on is laden in them. Unfortuately, it usually is. Whatev, it was just another chink in the chain. Another way the universe is calling out to me to pay attention...so I'd realize that my heart has really been calling out to me...and my body has too.

Beautifully and Magnificently, the Universe always finds a way to get our attention by sending little signals...I guess you can view them as painful and annoying, or try to find the underlying message.

All of it was so weird. I am usually so in the flow of sychronistic happenings that things like seeing Lily, wonderful, beautiful suprises happen for me all the time.

Then it dawned on both me and Preston that we must be really out of the flow and balance of life, because his week has been one of the strangest and worst in his life (measured by how many A.F.G.O.'s (another fucking growth opportunity) he's had, and of course, being the highly sensitive being I am I have tried very hard to make sure I didn't absorb too much sadness, confusion, etc. while at the same time being as present and loving and supportive as I could be, but I think I still have felt it too. We are usually so in flow with things. So we decided that, in the wise words of India Arie, its time to "get back to the middle."

I'm kinda thinking this has to do with several thingys. One being that we just got back a week ago from our 6000 mile road trip, and on one hand it was kind of a let down and on the other it left us pretty confused about where we are in life because you know how when you are on a trip it seems like everything falls into perspective and you get all these inspiring ideas of what you want to do with your life when you get back and then when you get back you just have piles of laundry and a car full of camping gear and you just don't want to deal with it yet because part of you wanted your trip to never ever end?

Well that's where I've been at. And I haven't done a stitch of Yoga since we got back which was an avid part of my life before we left + I was running and lifting weights every other day, and eating like mainly raw food like fruits, veggies and other joys of life like that and like gallons of clean clear water.

So since we got back I was kind of mainly eating only cereal, then for lunch I would have cereal, and for an afternoon snack I would have a little cereal with cereal on it, and then for dinner, maybe some hot cereal. Oh, and boy oh boy, have I been active. I think I might have walked across the living room once, and I even do that little index finger exercise. Up and down and up and down and...you get the picture.

So really, its about balance. Isn't everything in life about that? When we bring ourselves back into balance and into touch with things, and when I'm willing to release my summer trip and begin to move on and commit to the dreams I so passionately dreamed about in our tent under the stars, then I do believe we will find ourselves in the flow again.

So with this new perspective in mind, Preston and I are about to sit down to a lovely organic fresh and alive candlelight dinner of Artichokes dipped in garlic olive oil dipping sauce, little fingerling potatoes with yellow pearl onions and roasted garlic, and stuffed zucchini with portabello mushrooms, orange peppers and carrots from our garden! To drink, a 2006 German Riesling wine called Bloom (quite fitting) and for dessert, toasted organic rasberry and blueberry tarts topped with french vanilla soy dream ice cream.

Ahhh.....food is Love.

Real Food Is Love. MMMmmm

And I think its all gonna be ok. We are going to reframe, and claim exactly what we wish for this incredible life, and you know what is truly awesome about these bumpy times? We realize that we really are a support system for each other and that we are really experiencing what a truly successful marriage and friendship is. Which always rocks.

So I'm sure you'll be hearing about me being in the flow once again...very soon...

Love you.

Ab

No comments: